Annual Exams from San Antonio Women’s Health
An annual gynecologic exam is an important routine checkup to ensure that you’re healthy inside and out. Your San Antonio Women’s Health annual exam is among the most important things you can do for your wellness and peace of mind. The well visit can help detect certain health problems, diagnose needed treatment, as well as prevent future illnesses. Your annual exam is a critical part of health and wellness through every stage of your life.
What to expect during your San Antonio Women’s Health Annual Exam
Whatever your age, an annual GYN exam generally includes:
- An assessment of your current health status.
- A breast exam to check for lumps, skin changes, or nipple discharge.
- A pelvic exam to check your vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries.
- A Pap test to screen for cervical cancer (A Pap smear may or may not be recommended annually, depending upon your specific situation).
- Your annual exam also includes information on vaccines that are recommended based on age and risk factors. San Antonio Women’s Health offers a flu vaccine for pregnant patients.
- Your provider may also refer you for your regular mammogram as part of your annual exam.
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections may be recommended for sexually active adolescents and women.